Membership & Enrollment
- ''SmartFleet™'' is a program designed as a fleet management tool and targeted to vehicle fleets in India by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, hereinafter called as ''BPCL''.
- ''BPCL RO'' means select BPCL retail outlets (petrol pumps) at which the SmartFleet Card will be accepted.
- ''Member” means a member of the SmartFleet Program on approval, which is, any business entity controlling a fleet of vehicles.
- ''Card” refers to the SmartFleet Card
- ''Vehicle” refers to any fuel consuming unit.
- ''Petromiles™” means the points given to a member for utilizing the services or facilities offered by BPCL or its Service Partners as specified in the program from time to time.
- ''Service Partners” refers to all the partners that offer services, benefits, Petromiles, redemptions or any facilities and arrangements to the members of the SmartFleet Program.
- ''Credit Partner” would mean and include service providers of the credit facility for the SmartFleet Program.
- ''Rewards” are the rewards that a member can avail of through exchange of their Petromiles.
- ''SmartFleet Member Service Centre” is the dedicated centre for members’ queries related to the SmartFleet Program.
- ''Service Provider” refers to outlet and agencies other than BPCL ROs at which the SmartFleet Card will be accepted and with whom BPCL and or the Credit Partner has entered into an arrangement for acceptance of the card.
Loading & Payment - Prepaid Pouch
- Any business entity or individual with fleet size of minimum 5 vehicles can enroll into the SmartFleet Program. Applications for smaller fleet sizes are subject to specific approval of BPCL and / or the Credit Partner.
- There will be an annual membership fee for the programme. The latest membership fee would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme.
- Any individual designated by the member for using the SmartFleet Card must be above 18 years of age.
- Fleet can comprise all types of vehicles.
- The SmartFleet card can be used only for the purchase of the family of items activated on the card.
- Applicants can apply for the pre-paid and / or credit facility on the card.
- Incomplete and unsigned applications are liable to be rejected.
- BPCL reserves the right to grant or refuse membership to SmartFleet Program.
- SmartFleet applicants must specify the family of items to be purchased at the BPCL RO / Service Provider for each vehicle in the application form.
- Each business entity will be given only one card per vehicle.
- Cards will be delivered to the member within 21 working days of receiving a completed application form.
- The member should take adequate precautions to protect the cards and prevent damage.
- Should a card be lost, a fresh application can be made for a new one on payment. The latest charges would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme
- All cards will be provided with a PIN feature to be activated on first usage.
- Any liability arising due to card loss, misuse, or out of sharing of PIN consciously or otherwise, would render the member liable for all losses.
- The loss of the card should be intimated to BPCL immediately, and BPCL shall arrange to hotlist the card within 48 hours. However, BPCL will not be liable for any misuse whatsoever during the interim period.
- The member will be solely responsible for the inconvenience or inability to use the card due to forgetting the PIN till the time BPCL is intimated in writing. The card will then have to be returned to BPCL who in turn will issue a new PIN.
- Any change of information as provided in the SmartFleet Application Form must be notified to SmartFleet Member Service Centre in writing.
- The SmartFleet Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as BPCL decides to terminate the Program, at any time, with or without notice.
- Membership to SmartFleet Program is valid for 1 year from date of issue. The membership should be renewed by paying the annual charges. The latest annual charges would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme. This fee is non-refundable.
- All communication will be sent to the address given in the SmartFleet Application Form and it is the responsibility of the member to inform SmartFleet Member Service Centre about any changes in the address.
- All communication will be deemed to have been received by the member and BPCL bears no responsibility for communication not received or lost in the mail or courier.
- The member permits BPCL to use the information provided in the SmartFleet Application Form for issuance of the card in marketing activities, but would ensure confidentiality.
Loading & Payment - CMS
- The card will have the electronic equivalent of cash loaded on the chip, which will be referred to as e-cash. The amount to be loaded will have to be deposited in cash with the dealer of the BPCL RO having loading facility.
- The cards have to be physically taken to the smart card reader and the amount loaded onto the card.
- The minimum load amount at each time would be Rs. 500/- per card. Any additional amount desired to be loaded would be in multiples of Rs.100/-.
- The e-cash is a payment towards future purchase.
Loading & Payment - Credit Pouch
- The account will have the electronic equivalent of cash loaded on the central account, which will be referred to as e-cash.
- The amount to be loaded will have to be either deposited with the dealer of the BPCL RO having CMS uploading facility or at selected branches of participating banks. The latest list of banks and their branches would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme.
- The minimum load amount at a BPCL RO having CMS uploading facility would be Rs. 5000/- . Any additional amount desired to be loaded would be in multiples of Rs.100/-.
- The minimum load amount at the bank branch shall be Rs 20,000/-.
- Instrument deposits at the bank branch would be subject to banking & RBI norms.
- In case of any bank charges w.r.t. clearing of instruments, the amount shall be charged against the central account.
- All deposits in to the bank must bear your CMS account number.(i.e. Corporate ID).
- In the event of CMS account number not being specified, credit shall not be transferred to the central account.
- Credit shall be affected to the central account 12 hours after receipt of clear funds into BPCL’s account.
- There will be a transaction fee for each CMS transaction. Transaction fees shall be charged to the central account. The details of the transaction fees would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme.
- The e-cash is a payment towards future purchase
Program Currency and Accruals
- The terms and conditions for the credit component shall be as defined and outlined by the Credit Partner in addition to the terms and conditions mentioned here.
- Overall credit limit set for each member will be authorised by the Credit Partner of the SmartFleet Program.
- There will be maximum credit limit set per day for each card, as defined by the Credit Partner.
- On crossing the overall credit limit, all the cards belonging to the Member will be blocked, and reactivated only when payment is received.
- Use of the credit facility provided by Credit Partner is at the sole discretion of the member and will be in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by them and BPCL is not in way connected with or liable for the said service or commitments as may be made by Credit Partner in the providing of these services.
- BPCL shall not be liable for any act of omission or otherwise of the Credit Partner without limitation, resulting in non-acceptance of the BPCL SmartFleet credit pouch or any statement or communication made in connection therewith or any defect or deficiency in credit services provided.
- The Credit Partner is at liberty to block or reactivate any or all the cards that have been issued to a member and the member shall not hold BPCL liable for any loss or otherwise suffered by the member.
- The Program currency will be Petromiles.
- SmartFleet Program membership entitles members the right to earn Petromiles, which can be redeemed for Rewards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Program.
- Petromiles can be earned only at participating SmartFleet outlets. The list of participating SmartFleet outlets is subject to change at any time, without notice. The latest list of participating SmartFleet outlets would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme.
- Petromiles will be earned on transactions and are liable to change. The details of the Petromiles earned on transaction would be available on request and can be viewed at the website of the programme.
- Subject to the Member's membership to the SmartFleet Program being valid, the Petromiles that have been earned in a financial year, are valid for a period of 3 financial years from the beginning of the next financial year. (Financial year refers to the period of 1st April to 31st March)
- Accrued Petromiles do not constitute property of the members.
- Petromiles issued have no monetary value and cannot be bartered or sold by members for cash at any point of time. These Petromiles may only be exchanged for rewards or benefits on offer through SmartFleet Program.
- Any Petromiles or benefits which BPCL deems to have been transferred, sold or assigned in violation of Program rules may be confiscated or cancelled.
- Any fractional Petromiles earned will be truncated to the nearest integer. For example, if a member earns 125.90 Petromiles from a transaction, it will be rounded off to 126 Petromiles, but if he earns 125.4 Petromiles it will be treated as 125 Petromiles.
- If a member believes he or she has not received Petromiles for any transaction, or any partner Petromiles, he or she must submit a written request for such credit(s) to the SmartFleet Member Service Centre together with the original invoice of the Card transaction and/or partner coupon as appropriate. No Petromiles will be given for failure to supply the original invoices.
- For the members’ protection, the member should retain all original documentation until the point credit has appeared on the Petromiles Statement. Requests must be received by the SmartFleet Member Service Centre within four months from the date of activity.
- SmartFleet Program membership entitles members the right to earn Petromiles, which can be redeemed for Rewards in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Program.
- Petromiles can only be redeemed for Rewards by Fleet Managers or the designated individual(s) in each organization.
- Members can redeem their Petromiles only after 3 months into Program membership.
- Purchase or transfer of Petromiles will not be permitted.
- Petromiles earned in the SmartFleet Program cannot be redeemed for Rewards in the PetroBonus scheme or any other scheme.
- Accumulation of Petromiles will cease immediately on termination of Program. However, members will be given six (6) months notice from the date the Program termination is announced to redeem a desired reward.
- A number of services and benefits are available to members of the SmartFleet Program. These benefits are offered solely at the discretion of BPCL.
- SmartFleet members will receive reports on transactions and Petromiles earned on each vehicle, along with a corporate summary at periodic intervals.
- In addition, BPCL partners may from time to time offer benefits to SmartFleet members, and these will be intimated to the members from time to time.
- Should a participating partner improperly deny a member a benefit, BPCL will not be liable to compensate the member for the same.
- BPCL reserves the right to discontinue SmartFleet membership to any member who appears to be using the program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, reward redemption. BPCL also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or state laws, statutes or ordinances. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated Petromiles and the cancellation of all Rewards, benefits and privileges.
- All interpretations of Program rules shall be at the sole discretion of BPCL.
- Any member who has not transacted for six consecutive months will be removed from the list of active members.
- BPCL reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, conditions, benefits, rewards or reward level pertaining to the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of Petromiles or rewards already accumulated. For example, BPCL may increase or decrease the Petromiles required for a reward or limit the number of participating outlets for a particular reward.
- The Program and any benefit, offering or the like relating to the Program, shall not be construed as to constitute a contract or otherwise establish a contractual relationship between BPCL and any SmartFleet Member.
- Nothing in the BPCL SmartFleet Program rules is intended or shall be construed to create or establish any agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between BPCL and the members and partners.
- Each member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program rules and as to the number of Petromiles in his or her account. BPCL will send correspondence to members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of program changes and statement from time to time. However, neither BPCL, its subsidiaries, affiliates or allied companies or program management service providers or the owners of participating outlets or companies participating as partners in the program will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail. The latest terms and conditions shall be available on request or can be viewed on the website of the programme.
- Terms and conditions of SmartFleet Program are governed by the laws of the Republic of India and will be restricted to the Mumbai jurisdiction under the Mumbai High Court.
- On expiry of the membership to the SmartFleet Programme, the member will be given a period of six (6) months to utilize any balances that may exist on the account, after which the balances will lapse and cannot be utilized.
- If you contact us by telephone we may record or monitor calls in order to avoid possible misunderstandings and help maintain customer service.
- ''Application” shall mean the application form prescribed by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, hereinafter called as ''BPCL” for subscription to the SMS Services of SmartFleet.
- ''Member” means a member of the SmartFleet Program.
- ''Card” refers to the SmartFleet Card
- "Mobile Phone Number" shall mean the number specified by the member and noted by BPCL in the Application, through the call centre, on the Website or in writing either through any form provided by BPCL or otherwise for the purpose of availing the Service. Only one Mobile Phone Number can be specified.
- "Website" refers to www.mysmartfleet.com or any other website as may be notified by BPCL from time to time.
- The Service(s) shall refer to the facility of providing information regarding SmartFleet and such other information as may be provided on the Mobile Phone Number by BPCL from time to time. This shall include push based services where BPCL shall provide information pertaining to the Services to the member on his/her Mobile Phone Number at such time intervals as decided by BPCL from time to time and pull based services where the member shall be able to request for information pertaining to the Services by sending a Short Messaging Service instruction ("SMS") in manner prescribed by BPCL to a number provided by BPCL for the purpose.
- Under the Services, the member shall receive SMS alerts on the member’s Mobile Phone Number in the form of customized messages, pertaining to the Services. The member shall while subscribing for the Services provide his/her Mobile Phone Number and the access of the member to the Services shall be restricted to the said Mobile Phone Number.
- Such Services will be available to the member only if the member is within the cellular service range of the particular cellular service provider or within such area which forms part of the roaming network of such cellular service provider providing services to the member availing such roaming facility from respective cellular service provider. BPCL reserves the right to offer the Service for those members who are availing the services of specific cellular service providers only.
- The member agrees and understands that the Service may, without prior notice to you, be suspended or terminated by BPCL for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, invalid data, closure of related account(s), breakdown, maintenance, modification, expansion and/or enhancement work caused or initiated by the telecommunications company (s) concerned in relation to their network or by any service provider in respect of the Service. BPCL will not assume any liability or responsibility for any such suspension or termination.
- The member agrees and understands that the information provided through this Service is indicative and is for information purposes only. The Member should exercise his/her own judgment before making any decisions based on this information. The member understands that the information provided under the Services does not represent binding commitments on BPCL.
- The member agrees and understands that BPCL shall not assume any liability or responsibility for any failure or delay in transmitting information to you or any error in such information, unless this results from negligence or wilful default on BPCL's part. In particular, BPCL shall not assume any liability or responsibility for the consequences arising from any cause beyond BPCL's reasonable control including, without limitation, failure of your telecommunications equipment to receive information for whatever reason, any telecommunications breakdown, mechanical failure, path failure, malfunction, breakdown, interruption or accuracy of equipment or installation. None of the telecommunications companies designated by BPCL are BPCL's agents or BPCL's representatives and there is no co-operation, partnership, joint venture or other relationship between BPCL and any of them.
- The member undertakes to indemnify and hold BPCL harmless against all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses of whatever nature that may result or which BPCL may sustain, suffer or incur as a result of BPCL agreeing to provide the Service to you.
Limitation of Liability
- The member agrees and undertakes that he/she shall immediately inform BPCL of any change, including any change in the ownership, with respect to the Mobile Phone Number. The member understands and agrees that unless specifically informed, BPCL shall continue providing the Services at the Mobile Phone Number.
- In case the member wishes to discontinue the Services, he/she shall send a request regarding the same, in a form and manner prescribed by BPCL from time to time for this purpose.
- The member understands that BPCL shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for any liabilities arising, directly or indirectly, due the failure on member’s part to inform BPCL regarding any change in the Mobile Phone Number.
Amendment to the Terms
- The member understands and agrees that BPCL shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of any data, information or message, or the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message in relation to the Services.
- Under no circumstances shall BPCL, its employees, directors, affiliates and third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Service, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary (including, but not limited to, damages caused by any virus, personal injury, negligence, loss of profits, loss of data or other intangible information, business interruption, loss of privacy, or any pecuniary loss), arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of Service or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions or data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service or any inability of BPCL to receive instructions, directions, orders or other communications from the member or to transmit any related message for any reason whatsoever, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
- BPCL has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms and Conditions at any time. BPCL will endeavour to give notice of the same by displaying the amended Terms and Conditions on the Website or in any manner, it may deem fit, and such amended terms and conditions will thereupon apply to and be binding on the member.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian law. Any legal action or proceedings arising out of these Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Mumbai in India and the member irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and tribunals. BPCL may, however, in its absolute discretion commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of these Terms and Conditions in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the member hereby consents to that jurisdiction.
- The member acknowledges that BPCL may appoint agents for rendering Services to the members from time to time.
Charges / Fees
- Any provision of these Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of prohibition or unenforceability but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affect such provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The member shall be liable to pay fees and charges for the Services as specified by BPCL from time to time.
- The member shall be solely responsible for the payment of all past, present and future central, state and local levies, direct/indirect taxes, duties fines, penalties and charges (including without limitation service tax, sales taxes, value added taxes, excise duties and customs duties, if any), by whatever name called, as may become due and payable in relation to the Services.
- BPCL is entitled to recover the charges/fees together with applicable taxes, duties levies or any other statutory dues, or enforce any indemnity by adjusting the same against the debit proceeds or other funds belonging to the member or in any other manner.
- Failure to pay the charges/fees (including applicable taxes) on or before the specified date will render the member liable for payment of interest at such rate as may be stipulated by BPCL.
- The Service is not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the member.
- The member shall not assign its rights or obligations under the Service to any person. BPCL may assign its rights and/or obligations hereunder, at any time, to any person without notice to the member.
- No failure or delay by BPCL in exercising any right, power or privilege hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any single or partial exercise of any other right, power or privilege. The rights and remedies of BPCL hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies available in law.
- These conditions govern the use of Internet Access service and form part of, and are to be read together with, the terms and conditions which apply to your account.
Internet Access Service
- "Account" means any account with us which is either in your own name or for which you have authorised access.
- "Login Id" means the 12 character combination we give you which lets you use our Internet Access service.
- "Password" means the 6 character combination we give you to help us authenticate your identity before letting you use our Internet Access service
- "Internet Access" means using the Internet to manage your account.
- "our/us/we" means Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- "you/your" means the person(s) registered for our Internet Access service
- You can access our Internet Access service provided the equipment you use meets our minimum compatibility requirements. You must ensure your equipment continues to meet these requirements, that it remains fully operational and that you take all reasonable measures to keep it virus free.
- You can use our Internet Access service 24 hours a day. Occasionally you may not be able to use the service for example when we carry out maintenance or updates. In circumstances where we know access to the Internet Access may be interrupted we will do our best to notify you in advance.
- You can tell us at any time that you no longer want to use our Internet Access service. You can tell us in writing. If you tell us by telephone we may ask you to confirm this in writing. We will continue to carry out any transactions you have already authorised unless you also ask us not to do so and provided it is not too late to amend or cancel those transactions. We may de-register you from our Internet Access service if:
you do not log on and use the Internet Access service within 3 months of first registering for it; or
you have not used the Internet Access service for over 6 months.
If we de-register you from our Internet Access service for one of the above reasons, you will need to re-register for the service if you wish to use it in the future
Acting On Your Instructions
- We will send you a Login Id and Password so you can use our Internet Access service. You must memorise your Password immediately and destroy the notification promptly on receipt.
- Each time you use our Internet Access service we will ask you to give us your Login Id and your Password. This is so that you can prove, and we can authenticate, your identity.
- Once registered for Internet Access service you must always keep your Password secret. If you write it down you must make a sufficient attempt to disguise them. You must not tell anybody else your Password.
- If we believe or suspect fraudulent or suspicious transactions are being carried out on your account we reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of our Internet Access service.
- We will carry out transactions on your account following instructions you give us or which seem to us to be given by you through our Internet Access service. This is provided the correct Login Id and Password are quoted.
- We reserve the right not to act on any instructions which would mean you would not be keeping to these conditions or those applying to your account.
- If we decide not to carry out a transaction we will not be responsible for any loss or damage you suffer because of that decision.
- If, because of something beyond our reasonable control or the reasonable control of those acting on our behalf, we are unable to let you carry out a transaction using our Internet Access service, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage you suffer as a result.
- We may vary these conditions by telling you. We will do this by sending details about changes either in writing, or by e-mail, or by display at our outlets, or by advertisement, or notice on our website www.mysmartfleet.com. We will normally give you reasonable notice before any change takes effect unless it is not practical or possible to do so, in which case we will tell you as soon as we can after the changes take effect.
- We reserve the right to introduce a charge for using our Internet Access service but we will give you reasonable notice before we do so.
- We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that e-mail and other transmissions passing over the Internet remain confidential and are not interfered with. However, we cannot completely guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over the Internet or that it will not be interfered with and by using our Internet Access service you are prepared to give us instructions on this basis.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian law. Any legal action or proceedings arising out of these Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Mumbai in India and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and tribunals. We may, however, in our absolute discretion commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of these Terms and Conditions in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and you hereby consent to that jurisdiction.
Copyright © Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited